Friday, June 15, 2012

Launching Our Referral Reward Program!

C & E General Contractors offers general residential construction services. We specialize in insurance claims and also provide home owners and real estate investors with a multitude of services: including kitchen/bathroom remodeling, room additions, drywall repair and upgrade services for a reasonable price and within a reasonable time frame.

Our mission is to create strong, lasting relations within the community and to cultivate exceptional service and products through continuous improvement... Book an estimate with us online today and your consultation will be free... Call us at (713)363-4124 or download a brochure for more information.

We are offering a special Referral Reward Program to honor those who provide new clients to our company. This is your opportunity to earn credit with us in exchange for your referrals.

We believe there are a number of construction or building opportunities available, the challenge is discovering where they are.  That is where you come in... When you know of a potential project we want to hear from you.  Perhaps you have a friend that manages a property looking to renovate or remodel, or maybe a friend or family member who recently had a flood in their home or property. This Referral Reward Program was created to express and extend our gratitude for your support.
Refer us to your customers, friends, or family by displaying or sharing our brochures, business cards, or our website.
~ Visit our website for continuous updates...             ~

~ We are also on facebook... Come check it out and like us!     

Monday, June 11, 2012

Reading "The Construction Contractor's Digest"

C & E enjoys receiving informative emails from the Construction Contractor's Digest... And to all those starting out in the construction industry, this is awesome stuff and good to know. We encourage you to click on the full article below especially if you would want to get on the big boss' good side!

        By: Matt Stevens
        Titled: For Your May / June Graduates

                                We have been asked on several occasions for career advice from young construction professionals. Here is the start of the conversation that others should continue. We have collected and listed 15 hard won lessons and observations for young construction professionals to consider. We are certain there are many more if you ask any executive in a construction firm. Again, here is a starting point.

~ Are you looking for a career in the construction industry? Well, hurricane season is here. Visit our web site at and click on the Employment option... ~      

Friday, June 8, 2012

Flood Insurance vs. Home Owner's Insurance

Visit our website at


As the name implies, a standard flood insurance policy, which is made available by the National Floor Insurance Program, provides coverage up to the policy limit for damage caused by flood. The dictionary defines "flood" as a rising and overflowing of a body of water onto normally dry land. For insurance purposes, the word "rising" in this definition is the key to distinguishing flood damage from water damage. Also important to note is that flooding must be general and temporary, and it must affect more than just one property.

Generally, damage caused by water that has been on the ground at some point before damaging your home is considered to be flood damage. Examples of flood damage may include:

A nearby river overflows its banks and washes into you home.

Surface water caused by a heavy rain seeps into your basement because the soil can't absorb the water quickly enough.

A heavy rain or flash flood causes the hill behind your house to collapse into a mud slide that oozes into your home.

Flood damage to your home can be insured only with a flood insurance policy -- no other insurance will cover flood damage. Flood insurance is available through your insurance professional. To determine if your home is located in a flood plain, contact your county planning office. If you are living in a flood plain, flood insurance may be an excellent purchase.

A homeowners insurance policy does not provide coverage for flood damage, but it does provide coverage for many types of water damage to your home. Just the opposite from flood damage, for insurance purposes, water damage is considered to occur when water damages your home before the water comes in contact with the ground. A few examples of water damage may include:

A hailstorm smashes your window, permitting hail and rain free access to your home.

A heavy rain soaks through the roof, allowing water to drip through your attic or ceiling.

A broken water pipe spews water in your home.

Even if your homeowners insurance policy doesn't cover the water or flood damage you've experienced, losses from theft, fire or explosion resulting from that damage are covered. For example, if a nearby creek overflows and floods your home, and looters steal some of your possessions after you've evacuated the house, the theft would be covered by your homeowners insurance. However, the flood damage would be covered only if you have flood insurance.

Flood insurance and homeowners insurance do not duplicate coverage for water damage. Instead, they complement each other. It is up to you to talk to your insurance professional about flood insurance and homeowners insurance and then decide which insurance coverage you need to protect your home, its contents and your family.

Visit our website at